Communication is one of the biggest challenges. To act on your behalf successfully, your freelancers need to understand what you want them to do and how you want it done. That means providing them with:
- Background information:
- What does the writer need to know to write for your project successfully?
- Can you recommend any good learning resources to help the writer get up to speed?
- Content specifications:
- What can you tell the writer about the people who will be reading the article?
- What do these readers need to take away from the piece?
- Funnel position:
- Does the content piece need a call to action? If so, how does the article fit into the sales and marketing funnel?
- How is success defined relative to the article’s performance?
- Project deliverables:
- When do you need articles completed?
- Do you have a preferred document format (for example, Google Docs or Word Docs)?
- How will you communicate feedback and revision requests?
Why Freelance Content Writers Aren’t Getting the Results You Want