- Top Pages are posting a lot more
- Overall Page engagement is declining
- Facebook engagement down for videos, images, and links
- Posting 5 times per day resulted in highest overall engagement
- Top Page categories experienced 49-70% overall drop in engagement
engagement : hashtagvisual or hashtagvideo? hashtagdata tells all… “Interestingly enough, we found that images (not video) regularly receive the most engagement. However, consistent with the data above, average engagement per image dropped from 9,370 per post in Q1 2017 to just 3,454 per post in Q2 2018. Respectively, average engagement per video fell from 5,486 to 2,867. Here’s a quick chart to show the differences between types of content.”
“But with organic reach nearly nonexistent on Facebook, why are pages posting more?
Jason Beckerman, CEO of social advertising platform Unified, said Facebook is “really a pay-to-play ecosystem now,” adding, “The days of seeing significant engagement from organic are pretty much over. Truthfully, all companies should be exploring paid social advertising—and they don’t need to have huge budgets, either. Depending on their goal, they can see huge return on investment with the right targeting, creative, audience targeting and strong campaign management capability.”