Share of organic Goolge Seach by Les Binet
Tag Archives: Les Binet
Short and long of it
A link to the superclear webinar by Les Binet. In the first few minutes, he explains why the combination between short-term activation and long-term matters. Must view for everyone who’s involved in marketing social advertising and content.
Les Binet on COVID-19
Must read for marketeers
The COVID-19 recession is not just an economic recession – it’s also a humanitarian, social and political crisis – which means that the normal rules of marketing and business may not apply.
In this article, Les Binet (Head of Effectiveness, adam&eveDDB) explores:
- How businesses should focus on doing what is most helpful and in the public interest, rather than focusing on making money in the short term
- What brands could do to help “The War Effort”, how a brand behaves may have a bigger effect on brand perceptions than advertising
- Whether direct response advertising can also play an important functional role
- Opportunities for some big, emotional, morale-boosting advertising, without looking opportunistic and self-serving
Brandbuilding on social
Great deck on how to build a brand on social. Combining Byron Sharp, Les Binet.
Brand building by Les Binet
How to keep your CFO on board for brand building.
“The first thing is to start talking the language of finance. We don’t help our case when we talk about brand-building in terms of awareness, image and ‘touchy-feely’ terms. Brand building is about selling. It’s about revenues and cash flow, but it’s about durable revenues and cash flow, over longer time periods. We have to help CFOs to understand that some marketing activity gives you an immediate short-term delivery of sales,” gotta love Les Binet
Adidas brand building
Great read! why adidas shifts its digital comms strategy… “4 yrs ago its #attribution modeling was based on last-click and it didn’t do any #brandtracking. It also focused on #efficiency over #effectiveness, leading it to look at specific KPIs and how to reduce their cost rather than what was in the best interests of its brands.”
“Adidas introduced a new campaign framework with emotional, brand-driving activity at the centre. This was an attempt to connect with consumers around major campaigns three or four times a year, while at the same time Adidas ran advertising with a rational message.”
Webinar effectiveness digital reach
Wordpress is loading infos from warcPlease wait for API server guteurls.de to collect data from
Goede uitleg van de 60/40 en short term focus. haalt claim ‘tv is dead’ onderuit op basis van data, goede uitleg brandbuilding long term en short term activation
In this webinar, Les Binet explains how marketing effectiveness works in the digital age, a topic covered in the Warc Toolkit 2017 of marketing trends.
- It provides insight into Les Binet and Peter Field’s latest work ‘Marketing in the Digital Age’ which looks into the causes of marketing effectiveness.
- It also explores how short-termism has undermined the link between creativity and effectiveness.
- Key trends covered include marketing ROI and the role of TV and digital channels.
Effectiveness in media, Les Binet
Les Binet, IPA
Effectiveness in a changing media landscape, Les Binet, IPA