Nice read on how IG created its’ algorithm. Among ‘relationship’ the monitor the option ‘save’. First time for me I hear about the ‘save’ as a paramter.
The algorithm assumes that people who’ve interacted with your account in the past will be interested in your new content. So when it decides whether to show a post to one of your followers, it evaluates your relationship:
• Do you follow each other?
• Did they search for you by name?
• Do you message each other, or leave comments?
• Do you tag each other in your posts?
• Do they save your posts?”